Current Tracking

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Independence

Day 52, Mile 790

Can I just say WOW! This last section I just hiked through has been quite spectacular! No words can really do justice. I was just surrounded by breath taking panoramic view after panoramic view. First hiking up Mt. Whitney the highest mountain in the lower 48 at 14,505 ft in elevation and then going through Forester Pass the highest point on the PCT at 13,000 plus. The elevation defiantly got to me and slowed me down but I didn't mind cause the views kept me going. I'd say going through Forester Pass was the best though! Just continual towering mountains, waterfalls, lakes, rivers, and tons of granite rock!

I am getting ready to head back out on the trail but I ended up taking a bit of time in town to resupply and buy a couple items at the outdoor store in Bishop. I am now on my third pair of shoes, I have already worn out two pairs (which seems pretty typical). Also sending some weight back home, the ice axe seems to be a bit of unneeded weight, not much snow in the Sierras I guess. So it has just been hanging off my pack making me look hard core.

Gator is doing pretty well in the higher elevations and it seems tables have turn. Whenever we are over 11,000 he starts cruising and I start dragging.

1 comment:

Pastime Customs said...

Miss you two! Sounds like its been a blast (literally at times) so far. Neither one of you are missing ANYTHING at work, been cold and rainy up here. Good luck and safe travels in the miles to come! -DB