Current Tracking

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Idyllwild

Day 12, Mile 179

So after putting in two long 20+ mile days in a row and what seemed like mostly uphill I decided it is time to take a zero day. Zero day meaning no miles added or in other words rest day. But I have been walking around Idyllwild most the day so that has to account for a few mile but luckily I didn't have to carry my pack. Most of the running around entailed Post Office resupply box, laundry, misc odds and ends, and of course some fresh food. The wonderful thing about being on the trail is you can eat whatever you want with no guilt, in fact you lose weight. MMM Food!

The last couple days have been a push. I was approaching over 8000ft and concerned about a incoming storm that was supposed to bring a bunch of snow. So I hurried through the last section so I didn't have to fight the snow too much but sounds like the next section will be covered in snow anyway. May be slow going the next 30 miles, lots of post holing. Other than that still been meeting lots of people. Most with their trail names already. There are some pretty funny ones out there. Usually they get them if they do something stupid or have a certain personality trait. Like Soda cause he likes pop or Cookie cause he talks about cookies a lot (that is Chad by the way, how fitting and I wasn't the one who named him).

3 comments:

kiwi said...

Love your posts! What an adventure!

What's your trail name?:)

Kerri

Willow said...

I just finished reading a memoir about a woman hiking the PCT solo. Made me think of you :) Glad to hear you're rocking it Stacia!

Jason King said...

Around here, Chad is simply known as "Dork". Glad you guys are having fun!