Current Tracking

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ziggy and the Bear's

Day 14, Mile 210

Just made it to trail angels Ziggy and the Bear's place. Wow what a set up! They have a tent to hang out in, bathrooms, sinks, foot bath, food, treats, and tons more all set up right outside their house for PCT hikers going thru. Tonight there are about 10 or so hikers camping out here. Very nice! Hiked about 20 miles and lost about 7000 ft in elevation today (poor knees). Yesterday hiked mostly in snow so it was slow going, only made it about 11 miles. Tomorrow back up in the hills.

Just want to say thanks so much for all your comments! It is so nice to get some words of encouragement. And no I don't have a trail name yet which may be a good thing cause some of them get pretty bad.

6 comments:

Raili said...

Keep it up! Over 200 miles so far and lookin' good. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady!! I've got my eye on you and will be faithfully tracking yr progress...I am soooooo jealous but so proud of you too!! Live the dream, walk safely and live every second of it! (then write it down so I can live vicariously!)

Anonymous said...

Phone is being funny!! Anyway, I am barking on a different adventure I guess. I hope all is well, and maybe I will get to see you when you hit WA!

I miss you. Love you, girl!

sara k

Anonymous said...

Ok,
We are officially jealous. The sum of your adventures are the total of your life! Enjoy everyone and each day.
Be Safe
The Jester Family

Anonymous said...

Proud of you sis. Please keep posting to your Bog--we are addicted! Be safe and hike quickly...but not so quickly that you don't take in the sights and smells ;-).

-Derek

Ashley said...

Nice job, sis! Looks like you guys are doing great. I have been bragging to everyone I meet about you and we are all in awe! Stay healthy. Love you.