Current Tracking

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Less than two weeks

Less than two weeks and I will begin my trek. I have been approved to take five and a half months off from work, packed all my food boxes, and have most of my gear ready. Only a few loose ends to tie up here and there and I will be off.
With Scout (cat) and McKinley (dog) in good hands while I am gone I can breathe a little easier. Thanks Mom, Dad and Carla! And of course the Sullivan's with Sunny (Gator's dog).
I think Gator and I are both pretty anxious to get started. Initially our biggest worry was how much snow the Sierra's were gonna have and getting going too early. But it seems that the snow pack in California is lower than average and by far better than last years record snow pack. So hopefully the earlier start date of April 15 will give us an advantage and some time to adjust to the 20 miles a day pace. Most people start the end of April after the big "kick off party". I'm not sure I would be into starting a hike like a runner out of the gates with 300+ hikers. So I think I will be opting out of the kick off start date. But none the less I can't wait! Time to get this show on the road!

2 comments:

Michelle E said...

Wishing you both safe travels. I'll be looking foward to the updates as we all "make the hike" with you. Bon voyage.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! Good for you for actually doing it! I can't wait to see and hear more. I know you'll have a great time no matter what.

Glory