Current Tracking

Saturday, April 14, 2012

One Way ticket to San Diego

Today Gator and I head to San Diego and then onto Campo tomorrow (the southern most part of the PCT on the Mexico boarder). From there all we have to do is start hiking north! Wow the last couple weeks have gone by so fast just trying to get everything ready. I have barely had a moment to sit and take it all in. But now I feel like I have had the huge weight of preparation and logistics planning taken off my shoulders. I will be putting a different kind of weight on my shoulders, about 40lbs worth. I am so excited to get started! Sounds like the weather has been pretty rought with snow, rain, and high winds lately. But the outlook for the next week looks good. Perfect timing!
Well thanks to all for your help in getting me this far with planning, logistics, supply boxes, transportation, technological support (David with map updates), and much more. Look forward to keeping you posted on our travels.

2 comments:

Raili said...

So excited for you! It was good to be able to see you two off today - hike safe and keep the updates frequent. Love you!

Hannah said...

I'll be thinking of you! And watching the blog for updates :)